What is Health Insurance?
A Health insurance policy is a contract between the insurance company and the policyholder, wherein the insurer pays for the medical expenses incurred by the life insured. The insurer will either provide a reimbursement for your medical expenses or ensure you are eligible for cashless treatment for injuries or illnesses covered under the policy at one of the network hospitals.
A Health cover protects against exorbitant hospitalization expenses in case of an illness or accident. Medical expenses are rising faster than the increase in disposable income and this is a cause of concern when one or one’s family is looking to medical treatment. A comprehensive health insurance with an adequate sum insured is an absolute must have for every individual.
DID YOU KNOW MOST HEALTH POLICIES HAVE UNDERLYING CONDITIONS?
Room rent capping
No maternity cover
Disease wise capping
- Covers pre-existing diseases
- Covers pre and post hospitalization
- Provides cashless treatment
- Claim tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
TYPES OF HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS
- Individual Health Insurance Plan
- Family-Floater Health Insurance Plan
- Senior-Citizen Health Insurance Plan
- Group Health Insurance Plan
- Personal Accident Insurance Cover
- Critical Illness Health Insurance Plan
- Maternity Health Insurance Plan